Thursday, August 9, 2007

Some new things, and my dyed yarns!

The first is a shawl for me, I had made one for myself before, but as my previous post said, some hooker stole it from the bathroom while I was showering at the campground. I like this one better anyhoo. I used Lions Brand boucle in Mei Tei, and I trimmed around the edges and neckline with Sari Silk Recycled yarn. You cannot really see the detail, but I st st and every 8 rows I worked in the wrong way to make a variated pattern. I love it! The second picture is my 7 yo ds Thomas sporting his new scarf and hat made from Lions brand wool boucle. I made the hat on mu knifty knitter loom, and the scarf I knitted, no purling. I didnt want to lose any of the fluffiness of the yarn, that is why I did it that way.
The next pic is my sari silk scarf, and a close up of it. I was practicing doing the 3 yo's, then letting them hang on next row. I think next time I do that stitch,I will do the cross overs with them, instead of letting them hang. I didnt with this one because it would have been lost in the yarn. But it is beautiful and I cannot wait to get to wear it!!! Also you may notice that the baby widget is gone, AF visited me today, my first one in 2 and a half years. I AM MISERABLE with pain and refuse to do dishes or laundry... maybe next month will be the magic one!!!


No comments: