Monday, September 10, 2007

Lets pretend life is normal, and do our Monday yarn review, shall we?

Life is perfect, life is fine. I took the younger kids to our small town local library today to get their very first library cards! They were so excited to be able to sign their own names!!! Yes, my husband has left, and to be honest, I am not sure that I even care.


Our normal Monday viewing pleasure:

First yarn on the table ishttp://www.modadea.com/cache.htm

LOVE it! It is mostly wool, and is a little thick and thin, slubbiesh. It knits up quick, easy and looks wonderful!!! best yet, it only cost me a buck at the dollar store.


Next up is Lillie's and Cream cotton yarn:http://www.sugarncream.com/product.php?LGC=sugarncream

It is just a tiny bit stringy if you are trying to use them on little needles. I was using it to knit one of my boys yoga socks on size 2 dpns, it wasn't too bad. I have noticed though that after him wearing them for just a little while, they seem to hang alot. I think I will use the other 8-9 skeins for dish cloth set.

Well, there you have it. Mondays yarn review. Tune in tomorrow for a book review, I should be just getting done with Bill Brysons A walk in the woods!!!

1 comment:

susubee said...

Best wishes on the "real life" stuff - sometimes pretending everything is normal for a little while can help.

No pictures of the socks? But, yeah, 100% worsted cotton is pretty heavy, and cotton itself is doesn't really have very good shape-retention. I love sugar n' cream, though! I've made a baby bolero, some washcloths, a market bag, even a knitted handkerchief with 'kitchen' cotton. And you really can't beat the price or the colors.

(P.S., Let me know when you reach 'Robinson Crusoe' on the book list - I've never read that one!)