Thursday, September 27, 2007

Worried about my needle size


So, I am really starting to worry about my needle size for the upcoming secret stole kal. I chose size 6, as the pattern called for. I did a swatch, then frogged it, it just looked so frumpy and ugggh. I am gonna have to use them though, rent is due in a few days and I don't have the extra funds. I wish I had chosen either smaller needles, or thicker yarn. Was hard finding 2000 yards of yarn I could afford though. Well, will just have to see how it turns out! Gotta go finish blanching 30 pounds of tomatoes...fun..fun..fun..

The pic of bug and cat? Just because I have a weakness for cute little boys:)

3 comments:

dorothy in wyoming said...

UMM 2000 EEEEK You did says secret of the stole right?

I thought she said my 1050 yards of silver yarn would probably be enough.

OH whew it says "Supplies:
Yarn: approximately 1200 yds, lace weight"

Niki said...

yeah, I was exagerating on the yardage,lol, what size needles did you go with?

dorothy in wyoming said...

Grin actually I haven't swatched for it yet. I did get the swatch for the Shetland lace shawl for my friends wedding done (size 3 needles) and the swatch and part of clue one for the Autumn Shawl done (fingering on size 6 needles)

I am still not sure about my silver silk for this one since the Shetland is in the same silver but a lighter weight.... Grin I do already know that I will use anything from a 4 to a 6 for most lace weights. A couple of heavier yarns I go up to 7s for.