Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Who am I?

This is for the who am I theme on knitty blogstalkers!!!

I am a mom first!!! My whole life revolves around my kids. I home school, we do not vaccinate( well, I used to until one of my children died from them). I have had 5 boys, they are all intact( not circumcised). I nurse or have nursed all 5 of my children. I am very very recently single.

I love an organic garden and cannot wait till next year so I can buy a couple acres and live off the land!!! I have a three year plan to build a cabin from the ground up with my own hands, well anyone who would like to help is very welcome,lol.

I kit, dye yarn, and have started spinning with a drop spindle.

Flowers!!!I have as many indoor and outdoor flowers as I have veggies growing!!!

I also have a cat named Todd, and just this passed weekend I got the boys 2 baby bunnies. Hotrod and Snowball.

I love to be outdoors, camping, hiking, just sitting, taking walks, anything. If I can talk the kids intooing it, then we are there!!!


I guess I am a little weird in my ways... we use NOTHING disposable, right down to the cloth wipes for our tushes. Anything you find in my home to clean with is made by me and edible, well maybe not my laundry soap, though not toxic or harmful I doubt that borax and washing soda mixxed with peppermint essential oils tastes very good!!!
I am a vegetarian, as well as my kids... hmm, can't think of anything else about me.......

7 comments:

Jo said...

You and the boys have the most beautiful coloured hair.

How did the boys like dyeing the yarn? My 5 yo daughter likes to help me - but I use a crockpot, so it isn't so hands-on.

Niki said...

Thank you!!! The boys loved dyeing the yarn, but they were stained for soccor practice that night, and my list one had a blue patch on the top of his hair for 3 days,lol.

kemtee said...

I found your intro post fascinating! I'd offer to help with the cabin, but I assume you actually want built correctly…. Thanks for sharing yourself with us!

Discoknits said...

Wow, I love your organic-ness (for want of a better word). I'm sorry about your husband and I hope things work out for you. Your boys look happy.
:-)

Holly said...

I admire your lifestyle choices. I try to lessen my footprint, but I'm a big waste machine compared to you! I think that's really wonderful and commendable! Are Hotrod and Snowball angoras? Will you be spinning their fur soon??

Niki said...

Thank you for the comments!!! My boys are very happy, and whatever happens, the kids and I will be ok. Has been along time coming in a way.

The bunnies are not angoras:(, but next year when I get my land I would like to get some to breed and use their fur for my own fibery pleasure,lol.

Speckel said...

Nothing disposable, huh? We've been slowly but surely headed that way. It's interesting to me to see how disposable my life was until I became conscience of it.