Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WIPIT Wednesday

See the toe??????? It looks stupid, now I have to tear it out and figure out how to make it not so square, I think I will finish the other sock, do the toe, and see which way I like best. But the sock itself turned out perfect despite how funky it looks. It is serving a purpose, although not sure why I care about finishing his hunting socks anymore, I guess just cuz now that I have 1 done, I NEED to finish the other one...
Here are my earthwear socks... I love the way the color s are striping, and it is my first pair of socks using a sock yarn, it is cool! I love it!!! Yep, I.m hooked.
Here is my skein of homespun on my new drop spindle, I love it! Look how thin it is!!! This is my third try, and I cannot believe how well I have picked this up, yep, another addiction.
Here are 2 of my boys handying there own yarn, and when they dry they will tell me what they want made!!! ?How cute are they??? They were so excited , and they just loved hand painting the yarn!
Come Friday for more homespun, plus I had a bunch of fo;s this week, and cant wait to show them off!!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Your handspun looks great! I can't believe you just started learning that! It's so nice to see your boys get involved with the yarn; I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to maybe show an interest (fingers crossed!).

Unknown said...

Awe, how cute your boys are handdying yarn! I think I may have to let my boys do that with some short skeins I have laying around. THey are adorable! (I found your blog from the knitty board by the way)