Sunday, September 30, 2007

National Alpaca Farm Day

Saturday (yesterday) was national alpaca farm day, and the kids and I toured a bunch of local farms. I couldn't find the camera, so no pics, but I scored on a pound of batted alpaca fiber!!! A freaking pound of cleaned, and batted alpaca fiber for $25!!! Not only that, but she also had a bunch of alpaca yarn that was so well priced, that I plan to go back to her little shop in a couple weeks after the first of month bills are paid, I mean $12 for dk weight 580 yards!!! Oh yeah, and it is hand spun by her on her wheel. The kids had a great day learning all about alpacas on the different farms, touching them, the baby was mad every time we had to leave, he REALLY liked touching them!!! And we got to see a baby who had just been dropped a few minutes earlier at one of the farms. I really wish I could find my camera! But I cannot, so I will describe my new fiber to you, it is a gorgeous soft color of dark and light brown... there, that's what it is,lol. OK, I will make a deal with you, as soon as I find my camera, I will get a picture up, hope I didn't loose it somewhere?

Oh yeah, and like my previous post said, I AM ON RAVELRY!!! My name is the same as knitty, homesteadinmamma.
Also, I really have to find my camera, I need to take a pic of my disgusting dirty little mini van for blog stalkers by tomorrow night,uh oh, crap, let me go look for it. Maybe it is in the dirty disgusting mini van???????

No comments: