Friday, September 7, 2007

My new spindle and roving, oh yeah, and yarn




Yesterday my new drop sinlde and roving came, I opened it in the parking lot of the po office, and was barely in the door when I was already tearing into the roving and trying to figure out how to spin. I think i did it right, but, it sure seems to use ALOT of roving for just a little bit of yarn, seems it would be the other way around? Here is my goodies, yes, after I broke into them. Did you think I would stop long enough to take pics before playing with it???????? oh, wanted to let you know the wonderful wonderful lady I got my stuff from, it was a shop on Etsy.com, and she is just wonderful. Did I mention she was wonderful??? http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=50026

2 comments:

quaffy said...

Heheh, don't worry. Everyone's first yarn looks like that. When I first started (four months ago), I couldn't even get the spindle to spin because I was trying to draft too thickly.

Just practise and experiment, and one day it'll just click.

Have fun!

Holly said...

I can't tell you how many times I've ripped open a package in the post office parking lot! Or in my driveway, just steps from my door. It looks like your package was well worth tearing into right away! Good luck with the spinning!