Thursday, September 20, 2007

oops, missed wip Wednesday...

So, first up is a sock, yes a real life sock, with heel and toe that fits!!! I really tried to "shape" a heel, but just couldn't, so I did a shaped gusset, and it worked. I needed to make my kids some slipper socks so I practiced learning how to make a wheel on acrylic worsted weight that was in my stash. It was so much easier trying to figure out than on my other sock with sock yarn, which by the way I ave really screwed up and need to rip it back about 30 or so rows and am just gonna put a gusset in, no heel shaping here...
And here he is wearing it!!! I made sure it fit him as I was knitting it, and it does ever so perfect, now lets hope he doest have a growth spurt!!!
Ahhhhhhh, here we have some new sock yarn from www.thankewe.etsy.com and I must say, I am happy. It is the softest sock yarn I have, and I have accumulated about 6 skeins. They had it on sale for $12.99 a skein, and each is 540 yards!!! So soft, and the colors are great!!! Also, they are really nice people to put up with me. Let me tell you, I was 4 days late getting payment out. I ordered it the day before Dan left and then forgot about it, and even after all that, they sent the kids a couple pieces of candy in the bag!!!
Here are the pants I just finished for the baby. They are a little big in the waist so I am going to put some stitches in the side. He loves them.

Ok, gotta go finish my dishes!!!

But, first I wanted to say something. There was a couple comments about our lifestyle. I just wanted to share a saying I have been teaching the kids since they were babies...
Leave no footprints other than the flowers you plant... Words to live by:)

( I mostly use this when they are fussing about having to take out the compost,lol)

No comments: